Installing XAMPP on your personal computer
XAMPP stands for “X (one of four OSs), Apache, MySQL, PHP, PERL” and is used to enable your personal computer with the web and database tools necessary to host its own dynamically driven websites for testing and development purposes. The following tutorial video demonstrations will show you the steps to set your computer up as a “localhost” server on Windows.
Part 1 covers:
This walks you through installing XAMPP on Windows with the newest XAMPP version as of 5/9/2016. It covers the following:
2) IMPORTANT!!! – turning down UAC controls FIRST!!!
3) The XAMPP Control Panel Settings
4) The XAMPP Dashboard
5) Starting and Stopping services
Part 2 covers:
This PART 2 video walks you through installing XAMPP on Windows with the newest XAMPP version as of 5/9/2016. It covers the following:
1) Changing htdocs files so that you can get a directory listing
2) Explaining how localhost maps to 127.0.0.1
3) Explaining difference between localhost environment and WWW
4) Making shortcut to htdocs folder
5) Importantce of backing up XAMPP folder